Re: [oletrucks] tie rod ends

To: "Edward Miller" <edngael@open.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tie rod ends
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:32:27 -0500
Worn out already? Too small for application? Taiwan or Chinese?  I once had
some built at a race suspension
place for my 49 and he used common GM or Chevy ends. Seems the taper size
and the threads are what you
have to look at. Check parts from the 70's or earlier, most new cars are
front drive and quite diff. Did you get
your steering arms tapered to match the ends? If you are  running tapered
ends in a straight hole like it has when
you knock out old style balls, that could be a looseness problem after some
miles on them.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com