[oletrucks] 58 Apache

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 Apache
From: "Robert Kremer" <hrkremer@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:27:19 -0800
Well I took the majority rules recommendation and bought the 58 Apache from
the salvage yard. After cleaning it a bit the condition seems to be better
than expected. We even found all the keys laying amongst a lot of trash in the
bed. The 327 engine available to me is now actually a 427 slightly smoky and
in need of a rebuild.
The questions today are with the extra weight of the big block could I get a
later model frame that already has heavier suspension and disc brakes that the
body would fit to and what years do I need to look for? Also what standard
transmission and rear combinations work best for overall performance and
economy? Yes I know we don't expect much economy out of a 427.
Bob
50- 3100 in progress
58- in the yard