[oletrucks] 58 Apache

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 Apache
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:29:21 -0800
Bob-  Here's my 2 cents.  drop the 427 in the existing chassis, the front
suspension is plenty strong enough for it.  You'll have to purchase
aftermarket mounts to do the swap, but it will bolt in.As for trannies, there
isn't an overdrive manual strong enough to hold a BBC torque, except maybe one
of the aftermarket units like a Richmond.  I left the 6 in my truck, but run a
very strong 427 in my El Camino, and with a Muncie 4 speed and 3.55 gears I
actually pulled 12 mpg on the highway.  Just a thought.

Devin