[oletrucks] 1940 frame: same as 41 to 47?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1940 frame: same as 41 to 47?
From: STMSymank@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:17:34 EST
Hey group,
   I recently bought a 40 one ton gmc. It has a dually rear end that is stock
looking, and a front axle that has ordinary style wheels  and hubcaps from an
early fifties half ton gmc. The truck has a 248.   the grille is a 40 chevy
with a gmc grille shell. the hood is a chevy, and the truck is rust free.  I
brought it home and put in a battery, and it started.  Dang.  It seemed like
it would make a great rod, but I hate to hack up a running ride.
   To make the case for rod or stock, I found a half ton 41 for three hundred
bucks (is the  frame the same)  and I found a one ton 41 where i could get
the  front axle for a hundred bucks.DEcisions are tough
Stan the man
Newberg )\Ore