RE: [oletrucks] GMC V8 pistons

To: "Joe Garcia" <chevy1@jps.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] GMC V8 pistons
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:26:16 -0600
I had already suggested Kanter's to him, but he said that Kanter's told him the
pistons were the same for the GMC and Pontiac 347.  At that point he asked if
the pistons for the Pontiac were the high (10.25:1) or low (8.5:1) compression
ratio and Kanter's replied that they were flat top.

I believe that the GMC (and probably the low compression Pontiac) pistons were
dished to get the lower compression.  I know that the 7.6:1 compression ratio
GMC V8 and the 10.25:1 Pontiac used the same head casting, so they must have
dished the pistons to reduce the ratio.

Any comment Rick?