[oletrucks] tuning 350 in my 49 panel by ear

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] tuning 350 in my 49 panel by ear
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:16:35 -0500
I need some help tuning the 350 in my 49 panel.  It is modified but I do not
know by how much except for the cam which is basically a Crane truck cam.
The harmonic balancer is from a more radical 350 and is not stock so I do
not have a good reference point for setting my timing.  The carb is a 650
Holly and I have little experience with adjusting that carb.

Any help from the more experienced mechanics would be appreciated, including
references to tuning manuals.

Thanks