Re: [oletrucks] suspension swap

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] suspension swap
From: "Brad Rusnak" <b_rusnak@telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:10:54 -0700
I used to work on tires many years ago.
We were told not to put tubes inside of radial tires because they shimmy and
squirm under normal driving. This would was supposed to wear the tubes out
and possibly blow at high speed.
With that said, that was back when bias ply tires were very common and the
use between bias and radial tires were about 50/50. Also, there wasn't
sufficient data or evidence at that time to say that tubes inside of radial
tires would last. We were also concerned about legal implications, as well.
By what I've read so far on this thread and considering the experience of
the use of tubes in radials, I would say it would be OK to do this.

Brad Rusnak
1949 Chev 1/2 Ton Deluxe Cab
b_rusnak@telusplanet.net