Re: [oletrucks] suspension swap

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] suspension swap
From: "Ryan Langford" <rlangford@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:31:07 -0800
I have been working at shops that deal with tires for the last
7 years, and in motorcycle land, its perfectly normal to put
a tube in a radial tire, because a lot of bikes still use spoked rims,
meaning you have to have a tube, and no one seems to blink
at the idea.  But in car land, there's a different story.  Will it work?
Sure, but I have seen cars with radial tires and tubes, are
more likely to have belt seperation and bulging, causing
blow outs (not as likely) and vibration (more likely) and
other odd problems such as steer pulling.

The story I was told was the tube causes too much heat
to build up.  In short, I wouldn't highly recommend it,
but I don't think there's anything overly bad about it either.
You may have belt seperation due to it, but its not so common
that I would swear it off.

Ryan
rlangford@attbi.com