[oletrucks] 54 motor questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 54 motor questions
From: SnotMe80@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:23:16 EST
i am rebuilding my 54 235 out of my 2 ton truck-i am doing the basic
overhaul-cam,lifters,oil pump,priston rings, new bearings and so on. my
question is with the oil pump-i thought their was a difference between the
older 235 and the newer 235 oild pumps? am i right? which do i want? anything
else i should know or do? any info appreciated-also i am changing out the
distributor to a hei gm unit with the coil in the cap-anything i need to do
there or does it slip right in?
thanks

rob