[oletrucks] <Toys> Diecast update - '57 Chevy Suburban ( panel ), '53

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] <Toys> Diecast update - '57 Chevy Suburban ( panel ), '53
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 22:15:53 EST
    I was shopping today after work, and braving the Wal-mart crush, I waded
thru the toy section of one Wal-mart that was decimated by little hands. I
rummaged thru the devastation left by eager pre-Christmas tots, and found
some amazing new stuff that it VERY cool! In 1:64th scale, by Jada, in a
plastic blister pack with green color backing, is a new series called Road
Rats. Customized LA-style vehicles with flamed paint jobs. Here's the list of
vehicles, in order of interest : '57 Chevy Suburban ( actually a panel truck
), '53 AD Chevy pickup, '59 El Camino, '60 Chevy Impala, '53 Chevy Bel Air,
and '47 Chevy Fleetline. The '57 Sub and '53 AD truck are both flat black
with yellow flames. I think the Camino is too, the '47 is primer gray, and I
don't remember the other. Saw no '60 Impala. Anyway, I bought the '57
Panel/Sub, it was $2.88 . Has chromed bumpers with front bumper accessory
extensions, no hood ornaments, red rims, chrome dog-dish caps. Even has the
little correct oval rear tail lights! Has the doors, not a tailgate, also.
So, for those of you TF guys with Panels or subs who have starved for diecast
toys forever, now we have something more! Put it on your Christmas wish list,
quickly! Time's running out! I visited 3 Wal-marts tonight, only found these
at one of them. Has a special sticker INSIDE the blister pack that says "
Marketed by Wal-mart Stores ", so it may not show up elsewhere, hard to say.
I've seen some Maisto diecast have been changed to Kid Konnection, on the
airplanes and diecast trains, anyway. So may be a Wally exclusive? Hard to
say. Anyway, first time I'd seen these, so thought I'd pass the info on.
    In other Task Force / Advanced Design diecast news, Hotwheels has a
blisterpack with the '56 Flashsider TF truck with special paint scheme, for
$5, seen it at Wal-mart , too. Probably elsewhere, though. Also, the Johnny
Lightning series has had the Partridge Family school bus repainted into other
schemes ( it was a '55 or '56 TF truck ), I've seen it orange in a Monoply
special pack, and black and white police in another pack. Also seen quite a
few '50 or '53 Chevy AD truck diecasts, so there's lots to choose from if you
look around.
    Good hunting, there's still lots of stuff being put out as shoppers take
stuff. I found several of the Hotwheels Go-Karts, which have been hard to
find, got 2 today, so as they restock, you can get some good stuff. Go get'em!

Jerry in Virginia
'55 Chevy Suburban ( for real ).