Re: [oletrucks] brakes

To: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brakes
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:32:36 -0500
There's a return spring to the frame on most trucks. Light but long, clips
on a hanger riveted to frame farther ahead. One end for the clutch spring,
one for the brake pedal. OR, your front corner cab mount is bad, truck has
settled and the holes where pedals go out floor are rubbing on pedal shafts.
Do they squeak, scrape when using either? Are the holes elongated from wear
of shafts rubbing on them? Quite common. You need to replace the lower cab
mount channel to fix that and stiffen up the floor if it is weak there. Or
replace floor panel too.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com