Re: [oletrucks] Torque ratings of stock 235

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Torque ratings of stock 235
From: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 02:18:45 -0500
Here is what my "56 Chevrolet Specifications Book" has to say about the 235
HP and Torque.

800 rpm = 90ft lbs =  28HP
1200   =    97    =   44
1600   =    97+  =   60
2000   =    98    =   76
2400   =    97    =   90
2800   =    95+  =   103
3200   =    92    =   114
3600   =    88    =   120
4000   =    81    =   123
4200   =    76    =   121

This is "net torque" and "net HP" which was done under actual operating
conditions using regular muffler, pipes and spark advance.

This should be close to your '53....

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake