[oletrucks] bed wood finishing

To: "Oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] bed wood finishing
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:35:15 -0700
I have ordered a complete bed with oak bed wood and stainless trim from
Mar-K.

Any suggestions or experience with refinishing the wood? I have read the
short blurb on Mar-K's web page.

The truck will be driven, but only in the summer, and hopefully in dry
conditions. It will also be garaged. I have no intentions of hauling
'stuff'.

Two ideas, typical urethane, and linseed oil. I have heard over time
urethane will peel, but I am scared linseed oil will darken.

Anybody have any experience to add to my dilemma?

Blaine Dumkee
1959 GMC 9314
Fort Smith NT
Canada