Re: [oletrucks] Can't believe it

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Can't believe it
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:03:16 -0800
I certainly was thinking about going that route, because I know it would
never rot.  Do you think UV would hurt it?  I haul firewood, rocks,
horse manure, and mushroom compost all the time in my truck, and also
wondered if the plastic would hold up to that treatment.  I ended up
getting some more yellow pine, since I had to admit it worked fine for
40 years.

Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside

John Howard wrote:
Had to rub my eye's today...I went over to a truck enthusiasts  garage
to-day
out of town   he had just finished his  bed in his AD truck.Guess what
he
used
(Plastic wood) it   was a green color ...the color went  right through
the
whole  thickness of the plastic wood and it seemed to match his Juniper
Green paint Job.  It look really good...Don't know how usable it will