[oletrucks] 1/2 ton truck weight?

To: "NAPCO_trucks" <napco4x4@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] 1/2 ton truck weight?
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:19:13 -0800 (PST)
1--What is the vehicle weight of the 58 Suburban (they were all 1/2 ton)?

2--What is the vehicle weight of a 58 1/2 ton wideside/fleetside pickup?

I'm assuming the difference between 6 and V8 and Chevy and GMC wouldn't swing
it more
than a few hundred pounds.

Checking around in the manuals, I found something that says gross vehicle
weight is
4000lb for 1/2 ton.  From my flying days, gross weight is vehicle + passengers
+ load +
fuel.  The previous numbers seem low for empty weight let alone gross weight.
I was
thinking that these trucks were around 4400lbs empty.  Anybody have the numbers?

Just curious.

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN