[oletrucks] kick panel repairs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] kick panel repairs
From: Williams Grant Civ 418 FLTS Det 2/EN
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:23:03 -0000
All,

My 50's kick panels are factory welded in.  The panels are OK but I need to
get in between the kick panel and outer cab skin to do a good job of
derusting and repair.  Question: is there a preferred process to removing
the kick panels and what is done when replacing them?  Also, I plan to use a
Vintage air system so won't really need the vents on either side of the
panels but want to maintain them for esthetics.  Any inputs on this?

Grant
50 GMC 1/2T
45 Burb