[oletrucks] Re: Electronic ignition on 235 six

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Electronic ignition on 235 six
From: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:13:27 -0800
Dave here with Dusty's 1950 GMC.
The truck has a 1955 235 ci engine in it with stock ignition. we're looking
for improved starting, especially after sitting a while and the battery not
100% charged. Anyone have experience with the HEI systems, or just the
simpler electronic pickup under the distributor cap that I think costs $75
or so? What really is the difference? Is the starting really any better, or
the way it runs any different from a well-adjust points-and-coil setup? Or
are we imagining things to justify the expense?
  Any other systems we should consider? We're looking for a pretty simple
bolt-on setup if possible.
  Thanks!
Dave D.