[oletrucks] IFS for a Chevy 1 ton

To: "OLE Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] IFS for a Chevy 1 ton
From: "Wayne Roworth" <wroworth@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:19:36 -0500
Hello all,

This list is very informative and I want to thank you all!

I am considering replacing my stock 47 Chevy Panel 1 ton, 8 lug, 16" rim,
suspension. The engine is not stock, a chevy small block V8. Turbo 400 trans
with cooler. Brakes are assisted drums.

I have read Jack Halton's Pacer IFS document on the subject and am visiting
him this Saturday to discuss further. Great article by the way.

I have seen the Mustang II's and cost is a factor.

My concern is:

The lug patterns, disc brake sizes, etc., are considerably smaller than the
stock truck. Since I haul my boats, I am concerned if I will have enough
stopping power. I don't plan on loading up the truck's interior since it will
be for show only but I want to make sure my IFS conversion will be safe.

Also, knowing that the rims will change, will I be able to adapt a smaller rim
to the non-stock rear axle. The rear end is from a 1971 1 ton single rear
camper with 411 gears.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...Wayne