Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic : opinions on early Chevy 350 diesel

To: "Bruce Kettunen" <bekett@uslink.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic : opinions on early Chevy 350 diesel
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:13:51 -0700
GM made the 6.2 and later 6.5 diesel engines, which were even available in
the Blazers. I've heard that the 6.2 and 6.5 were a little weak on the
bottom end-bearings, crankshaft, etc. But then I've talked to owners who say
proper maintenance and close monitoring of the engine vitals, especially
temperature, will allow the engine to live long. Bob K in PHX, AZ