Re: [oletrucks] diesel conversion

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] diesel conversion
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:42:38 -0600
It is my understanding that the reason that diesels last better is that
diesel fuel is a decent lubricant.  On the contrary, gasoline is a decent
solvent.  So the gas tends to remove the oil that acts as a lubricant to
prevent friction, thus reducing engine life.  The diesel kinda doesn't
remove the oil as well and is a decent lubricant in itself.