[oletrucks] Re: Diesels and such

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Diesels and such
From: Christian Pointer <kissaki@highstream.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:21:44 -0800
Wow, This is right on time. I am having problems with my 6.2 diesel as
we speak! IN a '86 Chevy K20. Cracked head or some such, Still runs great!
The 350 diesel IS a modified gas block and, as others have stated, junk.
I can't say from experience that the 6.2/6.5 are super tough, but they
were designed as true diesels and are a more efficient engine, and in
most respects longer lived than a similar gas motor. That said. They are
old. They aren't as efficient as the newer computerized diesels, but
then they don't have computers! The cost of messing around with them is
much more than working on gas motors. Especially the Chevy big and small
blocks, You can probably find a rebuild kit for a 350 small block at
7-11! I've thought a lot about a diesel in the AD, and here's my best
shot. Get yer throwin' rocks ready.... Mercedes 5 Cyl. turbo.

  The 300D comes stock with a 4 speed transmission, is the same weight
as the 3100 1/2 ton, and the car gets in the 30's  or better MPG! Also
has four wheel independent suspension, but I don't want you guys
stealing any of my twisted ideas;)

And as for the gas turbine As I remember it was the size of a small
turbocharger. Still they suck fuel faster than you can pour it on the
ground.

This sure is entertaining!

Christian
in Everett, WA with a sick K20, 3100 panel, and languishing projects