Re: [oletrucks] Brake pedal return spring

To: <BerChevy@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake pedal return spring
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:23:30 -0800
Both my '54 3100 and '55 1st suburban have a spring that runs from the pedal
to a bracket that is sticking out from the frame.  A similar bracket, in the
same area, is for the clutch return spring.  I replaced the spring on my sub
with a generic pedal return spring from Schucks and it seems to work fine.
I held it in place to get a feel for the length, then cut and bent it to
fit.