Re: [oletrucks] Problems with carb?

To: Ryan Langford <rlangford@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Problems with carb?
From: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:48:35 -0500
Ryan, did you check the timing after readjusting the points? Changing
point gap changes timing, nad if retarded can cause severe loss of high
end power.

While you are at it check the advances. Disconnect the vaccum and with
the timing light on the ball rev the engine it should advance, if not
the mechanical advance in the distributor is stuck. then suck on the
vaccum line and again it should advance, if not the vaccum advance is
probably bad.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula FL