[oletrucks] Problems with carb?

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Problems with carb?
From: "Ryan Langford" <rlangford@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:05:46 -0800
I just finished installing a heater box today on my 55 1/2 (235), and
its about time I got around to that, but on my triumphant voyage,
I am getting more and more frustrated with how this thing
runs.  Its always been cranky in the higher RPM range/wide
open throttle, it bogs and stutters and loses power.  I originally
assumed that it was an ignition issue because someone had just
done a major tune up on this before I bought it.  I found the points
to be way off as I had suspected, but it actually is worse ever since
I fixed that....

So, I know these things are well known for carb problems, and
the biggest problem it has is at WOT....anyone that is very
intimate with these carbs, do you have a suggestion on what
might be the problem?  I could rebuild it, but I'm not looking
to spend a whole lot on this set up....just want to get it running
right for the time being.

Thanks for any advice!

Ryan
rlangford@attbi.com