[oletrucks] Need help with 261 engine specs-ASAP-please help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Need help with 261 engine specs-ASAP-please help
From: SnotMe80@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:22:07 EST
me and my dad are rebuilding our 261 out of our 54. we are tighting down the
main bearing caps-the book says to check with plastigauge and torque down to
100-110 ft lbs which we did at a 100. the plastigauge checked out fine but if
we leave it at 100 the crank will not turn over at all. if we only torque
down to 90 it spins just fine? what is the correct torque spec for this? we
can't go any further till we figure this out? thanks abunch
Rob