Re: [oletrucks] Trailering Trucks....

To: ANelson43@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trailering Trucks....
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:50:05 -0500
If the new vehicle haulers know what they are doing, I would say the
correct way is to tie down to the frame or uni-body.  But, having said
that, I have always tied down at the axles or a-frames.  Easier to through
a strap around and cinch it down.  I have never had a problem doing it that
way.

Jim V.

At 03:27 PM 02/06/2003 Thursday, ANelson43@aol.com wrote:

>Could the "experts" comment on the proper way to strap an ole truck down on a
>trailer?  I have heard opinions on strapping to the frame to secure the truck
>down and not let it bounce.  I have also heard opinions on strapping to the
>suspension (a-arms/axle) and let it bounce.  What is the proper/safe way (if
>there is one)?
>
>Thanks.......Andy in Alabama
>
>'57 Cameo Modified
>'56 Del Ray 210 Car Original
>'48 Merc 4dr in progress
>'68 C10 Truck Daily Driver
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net
---