[oletrucks] sm420 history/data/discussion needed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] sm420 history/data/discussion needed
From: "stephen johnston" <stephenzone@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:35:32 -0500
sm 420 is a muncie and were in light duty gm trucks from 47 to 67.
10.43 in length
7.05 1st, non-synchronized
3.57 - 2nd
1.70 - third
1 - forth
4.686 retainer
i looked for a 420 for my jeep cause of the length but i ended up using a
sm465 which replaced the 420 but is 12.00 in length and has a low of 6.54
after the jeeps drivetrain was done i did find a couple of 420's one was in
a 2 ton 47 chev. another that i kept, came out of a 64 gmc 1 ton (canadian
version used chev drivetrains)and had the hand brake on the ass end.

steve 55TF gmc w/ 283
78 CJ7 (levi special)- 70 LT1 350/sm465/205 transfer case/dana 44 rear w
lockers

varanus@phoenix.net