Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw 3sp with overdrive

To: <mark@noakes.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw 3sp with overdrive
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:59:46 -0800
One interesting thing about that 3-speed OD is that you can move the OD to a
Saginaw 4-speed.  You swap the tail housing and output shaft, and had to put
a tab on one of the shift mechanisms to lock-out OD when in reverse.

I had a transmission that was built that way back in the 70's, and ran it in
a mild Chevy 350 powered Firebird.  It helped mileage and seemed reliable.
I recently sold it for about $200...