Re: [oletrucks] Engine colors

To: mark@noakes.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine colors
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:03:23 -0500
The V8 in my 58 GMC is the correct color, reddish orange (not Chevy orange)
as far as I can tell.  When I restored the engine, I took careful pains
when removing stuff to save any areas that had paint left on it and some of
those areas would not have been touched unless someone went to a lot of
trouble to change the color in these hidden areas.  I then had my local
paint store match this paint and mix some for me.  I then had this paint
put in rattle cans and painted the engine.  Engine can be viewed at:
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles

Jim V.

1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net