[oletrucks] American Autowire -- Classic Update wiring kit??

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] American Autowire -- Classic Update wiring kit??
From: "AKBurke" <akburke@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:43:35 -0700
Well...it's time to stop waffleing and put some money down for a wiring
harness...why is this so difficult??

It's for my '49 Panel...typical mild street rod...350/350 with basic lights,
radio and A/C..possibly power windows (at a later time)....nothing wild/out
on the edge...and it's being put in by an "electrically challenged"
hobbyist.  Although I was able to replace the the basic 6-volt stock harness
(with a Chevy Duty kit) when I first got the panel and before I took it all
apart for the restore....but all that confidence seems ages old.

I'm eyeing the Classic Update kit from American Autowire...it's specifically
for the AD trucks....there was an article that touted it as easy to install
and flexible enough for my needs....handles a variety of gauges, extra
circuits etc....the issue is the price....they want $439.....for a wiring
harness!!!

Now, I'm thinking that if I buy a cheaper kit I might end up paying that
much anyway with frustration and extra parts, connectors, and more
frustration etc.  The Painless, Ron Francis, universal 12 and 18 circuit
kits are considerably cheaper.

What are your thoughts??...is this kit worth it??
-A
'49 3105
'49 3104