Re: [oletrucks] Personal Slurs

To: mark@noakes.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Personal Slurs
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:42:59 -0500
Mark,

I think that you are a member of the Corvair group, or you were.  Now there
is a group that believes in flaming people big time.  I think this is the
first time that I have really seen this type of e-mails on this list and it
is quite disappointing.  Hopefully it will die a quick death.

Jim V.

At 07:17 PM 2/27/03 Thursday, mark@noakes.com wrote:
>I don't even remember how long I've been on this list...since it had about
>50 members,
>and it has almost always been a great group of friends and always a great
>source of info.
>
>By contrast, a corvette list I'm on frequently has flame wars and counter
>flame wars ad
>nauseum, and it is a great disappointment overall even though a good
>source of info.
>
> From what I've seen in the past, the best thing to do is to let this
> thing die down as
>quickly as possible on-list and let the involved parties settle it off-line.
>
>Personally (to cover all the many times I've been wrong and been wronged),
>I always try
>to give the other guy as much grace as possible; I may be the next one
>that needs to
>apologize.
>
>Mark Noakes
>
>On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Rick Carlisle wrote:
>

> > I also agree.  I have had a lot of good input from this list and never a
> > harsh word from anyone, even though I may ask some stupid questions at
> times
> > since I am not the skilled mechanic that many on this list are.  But it has
> > never stopped the flow of great input.  And I have learned much.
> >
> > No question is a bad question.  So if someone asks a question that seems
> > strange, just give input if you have the answer.........and be nice.  Or
> > just don't answer.
> >
> > My 2 cents.
> >
> > Rick Carlisle
> > 57 3100

1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net