[oletrucks] GMC 6 cyl. engine color

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC 6 cyl. engine color
From: SurfDudeSC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:19:50 EST
Hi group, have heard all kinds of info on engine colors including the
reddish-orange on the 57 gmc 8 cylinders but does anyone have any info on the
57 gmc 6 cylinder (270 to be exact).  My original truck body color was the
"aspen green" and when I got the truck (and still) the engine is a similiar
green (could have faded from 50 years of heat).  Anyone know if they may have
painted the engines the same color as the body?  Any info or clues
appreciated.  David