Re: [oletrucks] motor mounts for V8 swap to 41

To: "Pat Cossey" <ccossey@seark.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] motor mounts for V8 swap to 41
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 16:58:57 -0800
At 05:23 PM 3/2/2003 -0600, Pat Cossey wrote:
>Hi guys Do any of you know where a set of mounts can be bought to mount the
>350 V8 into the frame of my 41?  (89 5.7 TPI eng)

You can of course fabricate however you like, but several folks use the
U-shape tube
with ears to accept stock Chevy mounts pre-welded on, and slip tubes on
each side
to account for varying chassis  widths or offset. The tube needs to be
welded to the
slip tubes on each side, but can then be bolted into the frame rails.

I think most of the Chevy parts suppliers carry them, and I've definitely
seen them
in Chevy Dutys catalog towards the back their Part # 79-405.
Go to their web page <http://www.chevyduty.com> and search for it.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net