Re: [oletrucks] cad or tin/zinc plating kit ?

To: TOUCANMAN@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] cad or tin/zinc plating kit ?
From: "charles mason" <adrift32@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:51:52 -0800
I've plated copper on steel before, but it was just for kicks and it was so
long ago that I have no of durability, corrosion protection or life span
etc.
If there's two solutions, one is probably a solution that has zinc suspended
in it (in some type of acid).  This isn't powdered zinc, it's zinc dissolved
in the acid, which is the real trick of it all -which acid and how strong of
a solution will do the job best (or at all).

The second solution may be a cleaning bath for after the plating, or a
solution to mix at some ration to get solution #1 to the right
concentration.

A third point:  you can buy copper-copper sulphate (Cu+CuSO^4) at industrial
supply houses as a jar of blue crystals.  This stuff dissolves in water and
can be used in a vinegar bath to plate steel.

A final point, and probably the most helpful:
Try this link [http://www.finishing.com/faqs/howworks.html]

-C.Mason
'58 apache 3200