Re: [oletrucks] AutoTransmission Question

To: "Majordomo" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "archie" <jeep@mountain.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AutoTransmission Question
From: "K. M. Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 22:24:47 -0800
Archie  I would stick with the Turbo 350 with the standard converter. I have
'72 350/350 turbo Heavy 1/2T with 10.50 tires & 3.70 gear, this truck has
towed all it's life [200120 Mi], travel trailers,vans, U Hauls and flat bed
trailer with over 4T of hay. This truck is still running strong. I bought a
turbo 400 12 Yrs ago for it just in case the 350 gave out, so I am now
putting the 400 in my '54 AD to get some use out of it.
Lee