Re: [oletrucks] AutoTransmission Question

To: "Claude" <cramey@earthlink.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AutoTransmission Question
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:03:17 -0700
I think I'd check with a good transmission shop as to how much a DECENT
rebuild on a 700 R4 would be. GM used some very weak components in the early
units, (we had a Blazer at work in which the 700 r4 died) ,including some
aluminum parts which were soon replaced. And as mentioned here several
times, you probably don't want to tow with the transmission in O/D.
Especially up hill. So if you find a used 700 r4, you might be money ahead
in the long run to have it up-graded and gone over. Bob K in PHX, AZ.