[oletrucks] bad brakes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] bad brakes
From: Dana Muise <dana@spazzco.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:24:11 -0800
Hello, any one have advice on standard drum brakes?  My 59 chevy Apache was
suffering form a leaky master cylinder. I rebuilt it (new seals etc..) and,
with the help of a friend bled all four brakes until I saw no air and the fluid
ran clear (as opposed to the old brown fluid). The brakes seemed great after
that. But this morning they felt mushy again. At speed the truck doesn't stop
like it should, I think if I need to stop quick it's just not going to happen.
At 30 mph it takes a loooong time to stop. Does anyone have advice on standard
1/2 ton brakes? (I don't have the $ for discs).

Thanks