Re: [oletrucks] Got my truck

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Got my truck
From: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:12:33 -0500
Hi Susan,

Congratulations on your NEW project!!!

I am concerned about " The fuel filter isn't working (shooting gas out of
the oil breather tube)".  If you have enough fuel in the oil pan due to a
bad Fuel Pump to allow gas to exit via the Breather Tube you have a VERY
DANGEROUS situation.  Your engine is full of gas!!!!  DO NOT CONNECT THE
BATTERY. DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE ENGINE AND DO NOT STRIKE A MATCH.  Be
prepared to catch a lot of gas/oil (many gallons) when you pull the drain
plug.

Be safe!!!  Get help if you are not sure of what you are doing.

Regards,

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake