Re: [oletrucks] Running unleaded

To: Spinningroach@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Running unleaded
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:11:53 -0500
i may be wrong but---there's nothing that prevents you from running
unleaded gas now, the older engines didn't have hardened valve seats in the
heads and allowed carbon to build up not allowing a good seat after a long
while. Having a valve job and replacing the seats with hardened ones is
about the only thing done to an older engine to make use unleaded. Unsure
as to what this would cost.   --wayne

At 04:52 AM 3/20/03 -0500, Spinningroach@aol.com wrote:
>Hi guys, I'm sure a majority of you brilliant motorheads can answer this
>question of mine real easely : I have a '68 327 Camaro engine in my 56 half
>ton. It's a 250 hp L73 engine (# T0521HK) and I would like to make it run on
>unleaded gas. What sould I do, any idea of the cost of such operation, and do
>you know any drawbacks that I might encounter, maybe due to the age or state
>of the engine?
>
>Also, I used to gather some information from "GM internet response center". I
>lost their tracks (after reformating my hard drive, I lost a lot of data...
>). I can't get directly to them through gm.com. Any idea?
>
>Thanks in advance. JP

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne