[oletrucks] Gas tank straps

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas tank straps
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:10:17 -0700
I finally made a trip to a junkyard to find a replacement gas tank to
fit under the bed.  It's from a mid 70's nissan pickup, pulled from
Blake's Small Car Wrecking in Erie, CO.  I was thoroughly amazed that
this junkyard had a complete inventory of all the parts for all of the
vehicles in their yard, and the proprietor (Blake, I assume) had a
pretty good idea of where it all was.  I'd recommend them to anyone in
the Denver area looking for replacement parts -- their number is
303-665-4312.

Now that I have my new tank, I'm trying to figure out how to attach it
to my '54 1/2-ton pickup.  It's to go between the driveshaft and the
passenger-side frame rail, just at the front of the bed.  Should I find
a set of metal straps with which to strap it to the passenger-side
frame rail and the bed crossmembers?  Should I try to fabricate a
mounting bracket of some sort?  What have people done in the past?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
"Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been
sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful,
rebellious, and immature." -- Tom Robbins
"The eyes of the world now look into space, to the moon and to the
planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed
by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace."
-- John F. Kennedy