Re: [oletrucks] Need Ignition Timing Spec's for 283 engine

To: Carl & Becky Ham <the_hams@hotmail.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need Ignition Timing Spec's for 283 engine
From: Joe Garcia <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:56:39 -0800
Just found the specifications for the 1956 283 engine.  They came out of the
22nd Edition of the Motors auto repair manual.

The book lists the distributor cam degree angle from 26-33.

The ignition timing mark is noted to be ....the second line before "0" mark
on timing tab on front cover.  Cars with two 4-barrel carburetors, use sixth
line before "0" mark.

Joe