Re: [oletrucks] 327 swap this weekend

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 327 swap this weekend
From: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:27:50 -0500
A few suggestions, sorry if any of this is redundant....

Make sure you have the V8 bell housing, fly wheel, new throw out bearing and
new pilot bearing.  I don't know if the pressure plates are the same?

Using an engine leveling device with the cheery picker helps.

If you can, remove the battery, radiator, exhaust pipe, and transmission
ahead of time.

Don't forget the gas pedal linkage will need to be changed.

Should only take about 3-4 hours to swap engines and be done with the cheery
picker if you has a helper for lining it all up.  We swapped a V8 with bell
housing out of my wrecker and didn't remove the hood!!!

Regards,

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake