[oletrucks] Valve tappet adjuster

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Valve tappet adjuster
From: Dana Muise <danam@spazzco.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:15:58 -0700
Thanks for all those who responded to my valve question, I was doing some
digging on the net and I came across a web site that sells a valve tappet
adjusting tool like I was describing:
http://www.lbcarco.com/cgi-bin/gen5?nextform=/gunson.html&o=&a=&t=_top
scroll down a little till you see the . " CLIK-ADJUST" It's made for British
cars, but it appears you can use any socket.
They also have an interesting article on why a standard  feeler gauge fails to
measure the concave wear point on a typical valve tappet.
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/MG_Elec-Tech/Clikadjust_0.html
I'm going to order one, if it doesn't work out I'll just give it to my Dad
(he's got a '68 MGB GT)

-Dana