Re: [oletrucks] Valve tappet adjuster

To: Dana Muise <danam@spazzco.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Valve tappet adjuster
From: Kevin and Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:09:24 -0500
Dana,

I know that you said that your valves needed to be adjusted while the
engine was running - it looks as if this is designed to be used with the
engine stopped.  I know that is how I've always adjusted the valves of
my MGB that way, as far as I know all the old British cars that this is
designed for have solid lifters that are typically adjusted with the
engine shut off - I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Kevin    '49 Chevy Wrecker  '51 Chevy 3100