Re: [oletrucks] Miata door handles on an oletruck... and 6 cyl

To: "Tom" <tfvjr@snet.net>, "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Miata door handles on an oletruck... and 6 cyl
From: "G. L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:56:38 -0500
Tom, the change to the six's from 63 up are about the same as a V-8. Same
side mount for frames, same tail mount for the trans which is the same as
V-8 at bellhousing. About only thing diff from V-8 might be the radiator and
distance from that and needing less fan shroud on a six, it's closer to rad.
You have bellhouse mounts on a TF that you won't use on newer trans and
maybe that frame x-over will have to be removed to allow the new trans to
set lower at same spot. It is that way on the 54 and older AD's, but maybe
not on the TF's. If you had a V-8 in your 55 now, you could use same
Bellhouse on the newer six and just make the front mounts work too I think.
Might even be place to bolt them on front of later engines. Stick with the
stovebolt six, it's a neater better engine and FITS.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com
Big AD trucks, COE