Re: [oletrucks] getting a Virginia title

To: livnrt@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] getting a Virginia title
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:30:21 -0400
I had the same problem with my 49 panel which I bought from a fellow in VA
and I live in VA. I called the DMV and it is an involved time consuming
process becasue you have to petition the DMV for a title and they do all
sorts of reviews and advertising, etc.

Instead, I took my bill of sale and used one of the title companies that
advertise in Hemmings. I believe the name was Broadways.  You fill out a
title form and send them the bill of sale and they send you an Alabama title
which you then take to the VA DMV for a new VA title. For a short time you
are left without an original bill of sale but the folks I dealt with have
been doing this foir a long time so I did not have any problems with doing
it.

As long as you are sure the auto is not hot or anything else suspicious, the
procedure works fine.