[oletrucks] Seeking advice after ignition upgrade

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Seeking advice after ignition upgrade
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:59:08 -0500
Just finished installing a Mallory Unilite distributor, coil, ballast
resistor and Edelbrock 600 CFM carb with new polished performer intake on my
283.  Still using the Bosch premium plug wires I put on 2 years ago during a
routine tune up.  Also have ACDelco R45TS plugs gapped at .030 to .035 inch.
  With old distributor timing was set at TDC or 2 deg BTC.

Any need to upgrade change wires or change plug heat range or gap due to
going from original points/condensor to Mallory pointless system?  I've had
timing suggestions anywhere from 4 deg. BTC to 12 deg. BTC.

Would appreciate any opinions.  Thanks,

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL