[oletrucks] misc questions on conversion parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] misc questions on conversion parts
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:00:34 -0500
Hi,  I've picked up an 81 1-ton dually to use as a donor for the
IFS and engine for our 53 1-ton panel and have a few
questions.

Is the width of an 1981 1-ton dually axle verses a single
wheel 1-ton axle the same?

How do you remove the front springs on a mid 70s pickup
when the complete IFS assembly is sitting on the garage
floor sans truck?  I can't find any info covering this one.

Anyone know of a source for gas tanks that would fit between
the frame rails and the running boards?  I want to run dual
tanks since this will be mainly a tow vehile for our 2 car race
trailer.  I would prefer not to have a rear mounted gas tank if
at all possible.

Also, I'm in need of the driver door access panel cover that
goes on the lower inside front of the door.

And one last thing....

On a similar vein we have an 1983 Winnebago motorhome
with the 454 in it (love that engine!) built on a chevy P37
chassis.  Anyway, the airconditioner mount has one mounting
hole busted out.  It is a big bracket that has two plates that
sandwich a squarish block.  It looks to be cast as all one
piece.  Would any of you know of a source for this mounting
brackets?