Re: [oletrucks] misc questions on conversion parts

To: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] misc questions on conversion parts
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:02:57 -0500
Steve,

Thanks for the reply,

> One the width issue, I don't know.  But I have seen dually type wheels put
> on a 3/4 ton with out apparent problems, and I used to have a truck that
> was a dually when I bought it, and with a simple wheel swap was single
> wheel. Do you plan to use that axle under the panel?  If so, the more
> important question is whether its the right width for your panel.

That would tell me that the axles themselves are basically the
same between single and dually axles.

Yep, I plan on using the 1-ton dually axle under the panel.  I
did a quick measurement and from inside of backing plate to
inside of backing plate there is only about 1" difference per
side (total of 2").  However, the location of the front of the
drum where the wheel rides has not been checked yet.  I'm
hoping to have time to do that in the next few weeks.  Unless
someone can answer that in the mean time.

> Removing those springs, pick up a spring compressor at your local rental
> shop.  It compresses the springs to allow for removal.

Sounds good, I'll check that out.

Thanks

Brad