[oletrucks] new member question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] new member question
From: chris bowen <kuribo@thn.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 09:47:23 +0900
Hello Everyone-

I am new to these old trucks, so please pardon what may be a frequently
asked question...

I really like the late '50's Task Force Napcos, but am a bit nervous about
buying one due to the lack of parts. I would like to get a Task Force truck
to actually do some light work with, and worry the truck would be idle for
long periods should parts be necessary.

With that in mind, I am wondering if it is reasonable to swap in newer, say
mid '80's, 4WD running gear into a Task Force truck. Would it be possible to
simply bolt in a dana 60 front, GM 14 bolt rear to the existing springs, add
a transmission/transfer case or divorced style transfer case, drivelines,
and perhaps remount the shocks and tinker with the steering linkage? Is this
possible without too much hassle?

Thanks.
--
Sincerely,